Bioinformatics is the development and application of computational tools and methods to biological or biomedical research data including acquisition, storage, organization analysis or visualization of data.
What we do
• Bioinformatics Analysis – We work with research scientists (faculty, staff, post-docs and graduate students) to provide analysis of their high-throughput sequencing, gene expression, metabolomics, proteomics, and other biological data.
• Consulting prior to experiments – We will meet with you to discuss the types of analysis and support bioinformatics can provide and help design experiments so that analysis is possible. We can help with grant proposals to incorporate bioinformatics data analysis in your research plan. This also demonstrates that we have the capability to perform the analysis. We will also prepare letters of support for your proposal.
• Data analysis for genome resequencing, ChIP-Seq transcription factor analysis, RNA-Seq analysis, de novo assembly, metagenomic sequencing, and gene set enrichment analysis. We perform the analysis and meet with you to report back the results.
• Application development – help develop custom applications to enhance research through web applications for data analysis, custom pipelines, databases and/or visualization, and web services interfaces to large databases, and custom analysis tools.
• Training – Although not currently deployed, we will be developing training programs to assist researchers in learning the computational tools that can be translated back to their labs.
Participate in the Bioinformatics Core Customer Survey & You Could Win!
To better meet the needs of our customers, the Bioinformatics Core is conducting a survey to allow users an opportunity to provide feedback.
Please click here to take our five-minute customer survey.
The time you spend completing this survey will help us bring you the services you and your lab need for future success. To thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us, we will be giving away $25 Target gift cards, laptop cases and other prizes. To enter the prize drawing, please include your name and email in the survey.
Thank you for taking time from your busy day to provide us with valuable feedback.
Consultation or service:
Applying to the graduate program: