Please note the following modified services that will be in effect over the holidays, Friday, December 25th and Friday, January 1st and season days, Monday, December 28th - Thursday, December 31st.
For assistance during the holidays and season days, please call:
- Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) for crimes, safety concerns, or other emergency situations - (734) 763-1131 (or 911 from a campus phone)
- Facilities & Operations Facilities Service Center for maintenance requests, including custodial, grounds and parking maintenance - (734) 647-2059
All card read doors are currently locked and require an active programmed Mcard for access. Entry to and exit from the Medical School campus for approved staff must occur through:
- Biomedical Science Research Building (Northeast lobby & North side A level entrance)
- Buhl Building (barrier free)
- Kellogg Eye Center (South lobby entrance)
- Medical Science Buildings 1 & 2 (lobby entrances)
- Medical Science Research Buildings 2 or 3 (lobby entrances)
- Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience Institute (East lobby entrance)
Exiting shall occur through designated doors (excluding exiting in the event of an emergency) until further notice. The Mcard office located at NCRC will be closed on December 24th and over the holidays and season days. You may contact the Key & ID Office at the Med Inn Building for Mcard replacements.
U-M faculty, staff and students on U-M property or in a U-M facility are required to complete a daily health assessment through the ResponsiBLUE tool before they enter the building or property: Visit responsiblue.umich.edu. Visitors, contractors, vendors and guests must use the guest version of ResponsiBLUE before entering any U-M Building: Visit guest.responsiblue.umich.edu.
There will be no Medical School or Campus mail or dock services over the holidays or on scheduled season days. Please notify vendors of dock closings when placing orders. Contact Research Services at Dock 6 & 7 (734) 763-0773 if you have any questions or concerns.
CAMPUS MAIL SERVICES
Click Here to view campus mail services holiday schedule under their Quick Links.
Glass-wash, autoclaving, biohazard waste pickup and M-SHIP services will be provided on scheduled season days Monday, December 28th - Thursday, December 31st, but will be closed over the holidays, Friday, December 25th and Friday, January 1st.
Please note, clinical operations will be supported through the holiday season.
Property disposition services will not be available during the holidays or season days.
LOGISTICS, TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
Click Here for Logistics, Parking & Transportation holiday services.
Limited custodial service will be provided starting Wednesday, December 23rd through Friday, January 1st in all buildings. There will be no trash pickup in offices or labs, but periodically in common/public areas. Call the Facilities Service Center if there are additional needs. Normal custodial services will resume on Monday, January 4th.
GROUNDS SERVICE (Snow Removal)
Limited grounds service will be provided during the holidays and season days. Please use the designated building entrances in the event of a heavy snow. These will be the first locations to be cleared, along with service areas. Use caution when walking on any surface as conditions can change quickly. Call the Facilities Service Center if any areas need additional attention.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS)
Radiation Safety Service will close at 4:00PM on Tuesday, December 22nd and resume normal operations on Monday, January 4th. Radioactive material packages will not be delivered during that time. Please plan ahead when placing orders. Contact Radiation Safety (734) 764-6200 for clearance codes no later than Monday, December 14th and confirm with vendors when placing orders that radioactive material packages will arrive no later than noon on Tuesday, December 22nd.
All hazardous material waste collection and supply delivery will be suspended from 4:00PM on Tuesday, December 22nd until Monday, January 4th. Please contact EHS (734) 763-6973 by Monday, December 14th to schedule collection/delivery.
Secure all chemicals and experiments before leaving and make sure hood sashes are closed.
CAFE & VENDING SERVICES
The Market Twenty 4 Seven in NCRC and MSRB 3 will be stocked during the holiday season.
Please do your part to help reduce our utility consumption and make a positive impact on the environment by:
- Turning off all unused office equipment, such as computers, monitors, printers, fans, coffee makers, and task lighting, and unplug cell phone chargers
- Closing windows to prevent water pipes and sprinkler heads from freezing
- Closing fume hoods and, where available, switching them to the “low” or “unoccupied” setting
Throughout campus we need your help to maintain a safe and secure environment. Please remind your staff, faculty, and student colleagues to complete the following before they leave their work, research or living areas for the holiday season:
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Secure valuables and lock desks and closets
- Ensure the safe shut down of labs that will not be operational over the holiday (cap chemicals, shut down equipment, etc.
- Call DPSS for any hazardous or radioactive spills
HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & SERVICES (HITS)
The Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) staff will operate with a reduced staff over the holidays and season days. If you need assistance during this period, you can reach HITS in the following ways:
- Click on the online customer service portal
- Call the HITS Service Desk 24/7 at (734) 936-8000
- All “Help Me Now” walk-in centers are currently closed
For more information on holidays and season days see the Human Resources website.
Have a happy and safe holiday!