Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) transition coming to several NCRC buildings; users should stay tuned for information and instructions
Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) is in the process of transitioning landline (corded) telephones in a variety of Michigan Medicine spaces from Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service provided by ITS, to service provided by HITS.
HITS will be reaching out to staff in the following buildings to provide specific information and instructions.
Schedule (effective 5PM day of):
- March 4 - Buildings 10 and 18
- May 13 - Building 16
- June 10 - Buildings 14, 20, and 22
- July 15 - Buildings 26, 36, and 60
If you work in any of these buildings, please stay tuned for additional information from HITS.
Dialing an outside line:
- Dial "9+7" to reach a local line, and "9+7+1" to access a number that requires an area code.
- A different phone number (8-2400) is required to access VoiceMail (VM). On first use, users should dial the temporary password (12345#). Users will hear "Welcome to Unity," followed by an audio tutorial that will walk them through the process of setting up their new VM box. Note: After the cutover, users will have a 24-hour window during which they can retrieve old VMs from the ITS system, after which they will be deleted.
Phone Requests, Repairs:
- After the transition, please call AT&T at 1-800-498-4858 for telephone repair, moves or changes. If you are requesting a new telephone, please call the HITS Service Desk at 734-936-8000.
What's not changing:
- Five-digit dialing is unaffected.
- 9-1-1 is unaffected – no need to dial prefix digits "9+7+1" to access 9-1-1.
- Users will continue using their current telephone equipment. Only the underlying VoIP service is changing