Following the Regents approval (click here for article), NCRC and Logistics, Transportation & Parking (LTP) expect to begin the first phase of a multi-year parking lot and ring road renovation project this summer with work continuing through late fall.
The following improvements are planned:
- Expanded parking in Lot NC92 to create 80 new parking spaces
- New road and bus stop provided, adjacent to the south lobby entrance
- Improved pedestrian accessibility and circulation
- Improved ring road traffic circulation
- Improved parking lot and sidewalk lighting
- “Share the road” markings for bicycle traffic and additional bicycle parking
Please see map below for project overview.
Further communications will be sent as planning continues and more details are known.