Business Engagement Center
Is your company thinking about a partnership with the University of Michigan? The University of Michigan Business Engagement Center (BEC) can provide a portal to this Top 10 Research University by:
- Helping you add value to your business with University technologies and entrepreneurial resources
- Connecting you to our world-renowned researchers, institutes and centers
- Customizing professional development programs for your particular workforce
- Supplying you with student talent and vitality for your special projects
The University of Michigan welcomes the opportunity to work with companies at NCRC on significant research collaborations or on public / private partnerships that align with the University's research, education and economic development mission. Companies considering locating at NCRC should have a sound rationale as to how the company's activities fit with this mission and how both the University and company could benefit from the facilities, equipment, and research collaboration offered by the University. Specifically, in reviewing industry applicants, NCRC leadership will consider the following general criteria:
- University faculty and students must derive significant benefit from the interaction with NCRC. Companies should have identified researcher(s) and/or University units that they wish to collaborate with and indicate an intent to enter into a collaborative research agreement.
- The business should have a detailed research and engagement plan that indicates how they intend to develop the collaboration opportunity with their University partners. The plan should include funding requirements and other related information.
- The business should also highlight opportunities for significant economic development outcomes.
Toll free: 877-647-1000