NCRC Flu Shot Clinic
Free flu clinics will start on October 2nd
- If employees want to receive the flu shot prior to a clinic they can receive their flu shot from any flu liaisons or by going to OHS
- Full list of flu clinics can be found online here: http://www.med.umich.edu/u/flu/employee.html
Exemptions (medical and religious) must be submitted by November 1st.
- All forms on are online and can be found under the employee or resources tab
- We are encouraging staff to fill out the forms online as much as possible, but will have some paper forms available
- All employees must fill out a new exemption request, even if they were granted an exemption in previous years
Copies of the MOU for both MNA/UMPNC and AFSCME are posted on the flu hub.
- AFSCME members cannot choose to decline for any reason this year
Additional communications will be forth coming in the next few days (manager message and headlines).
Once “masks on” has been called, employees who have received an exemption or declined (UMPNC) will be required to wear a mask in patient care areas.
The deadline to get your flu vaccine is Dec. 1, 2017. Vaccines are available at Occupational Health Services in the Med Inn Building or from clinical unit flu liaisons. OHS is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you get a flu shot at your doctor’s office, pharmacy or any other location outside of UMHS, make sure to get documentation on paper with your name on it. Give this to your department’s compliance contact so they can record it and give you a sticker for your UMHS employee ID badge.
- FAQs about the flu vaccine policy
- General FAQs about the flu vaccine
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) For "Masks On" Usage
Members of UMPNC and AFSCME unions should refer to their union contacts and memoranda of understanding pertaining to flu vaccinations for additional information that applies to each of their respective unions:
If you have any questions regarding exemptions, please email FluAnswersfirstname.lastname@example.org